Influencer marketing is a powerful way for brands to connect with targeted audiences. An increasing number of brands are investing in influencer marketing due to its effectiveness and the high receptiveness consumers have to influencer promotions. Keep reading to learn more about influencer marketing and how it impacts consumer behavior, and to get a PDF list of our top tips for influencer marketing.
What Is Influencer Marketing?
Influencer marketing involves companies collaborating with social media influencers to promote branded products or services. Influencer ads can be implemented in many ways and used with various types of social media content. This can often make advertisements more natural and personal, since a promotion can seamlessly be implemented with an influencer’s normal content.
Is Influencer Marketing in 2022 Effective?
Influencer marketing is effective in 2022. The average return on investment for influencer promotions is $5.78 for every $1 spent. This leads to high success and profit for companies that invest in influencer marketing campaigns. The return on investment can be even greater when companies implement a well-rounded influencer marketing strategy that helps improve upon their efforts.
How to Improve Influencer Marketing
There are several ways you can improve your influencer marketing strategy. The best ways to improve influencer marketing are:
- Emphasize engagement: Emphasizing engagement is a great way to make influencer ads stand out. Things like contests can provide a sense of community that gets the audience involved with your products or services. Other aspects of influencer ads, like humor or excitement, will also make them more engaging for audiences.
- Collaborate with influencers who love your brand: Influencers who already love your brand will be your best marketers. These influencers will be able to easily show their followers how your products or services will benefit them.
- Research your target audience: You should know who your target market is to ensure that your influencer ads are successful. Researching your target audience will help your company and the influencers you collaborate with show how your products or services will help solve common problems a specific audience will have.
- Track data: You should track data to show the success of your influencer campaigns. Understanding key influencer marketing metrics and knowing what numbers you want to aim for will help you improve your influencer marketing strategy to increase success over time.
Implementing these elements will help you improve your influencer marketing strategy and get the most out of the many positive ways social media can impact consumer buying behavior.
How Does Social Media Impact Consumer Buying Behavior?
Social media impacts consumer buying behavior in many ways. Common ways that social media and influencer marketing can affect buying behavior are:
- Increased brand awareness for relevant audiences
- Increased customer loyalty
- Better community building
- Positive brand image
- Consumers making informed purchases
- Increased purchase intent
All of these aspects provide excellent reasons for businesses to invest in social media influencer marketing. The next sections will outline each of these impacts on consumer buying behavior in more detail.
How Social Media Increases Brand Awareness
Promoting products through social media drives brand awareness. Many consumers come across brands or products they’ve never heard of through social media or influencer promotions. When brands target the right audience with social advertisements, it helps consumers find relevant products that satisfy their needs.
How Social Media Marketing Leads to Increased Customer Loyalty
Social media is a great way to consistently engage your audience and maintain top-of-mind awareness with consumers. Combining your brand’s social presence with influencer marketing, especially when you partner with the same influencers for a long time, will lead to consistent brand recognition and awareness on social platforms.
The Power of Social Media for Community Building
Social media creates a sense of community by allowing brands to connect directly with consumers. When an influencer promotes a brand, their followers will likely check the brand’s social media profiles and could end up regularly following their content afterward. This creates a greater sense of community, making customers feel more connected with brands.
How Social Media Creates a Positive Brand Image
Brands with a significant social media presence will have a better brand image and feel more accessible to consumers. In addition, having influencers promote your brand will add to your brand’s image and authority. Choosing the right influencers to collaborate with acts as a positive extension of your brand into new audiences and communities.
Social Media Helps Consumers Make Informed Purchasing Decisions
Social media and influencer marketing can give consumers a well-rounded view of the product and how it can benefit their lives. Having detailed information about products leads to more informed purchases and consumers feeling at ease with how they spend their money.
Social Media Advertisements Can Increase Purchase Intent
Social media advertisements using discount codes, special offers, or product promotions can increase purchase intent significantly. These aspects, combined with an influencer recommendation, can lead to consumers feeling more ready to take action after seeing an advertisement.
Top Tips for Social Media Influencer Marketing PDF
We have created a PDF with our top tips for brands who want to use influencer marketing. Click here to access the influencer marketing PDF now.
How Lionize Can Help
Lionize can help you get started with influencer marketing. Our influencer marketing platform uses artificial intelligence to help you connect with the right influencers for your needs, automate the influencer management process, and track important data in a way that is easy to understand. Contact us today to learn more about how Lionize can help you.