Navigating this ever-growing world of influencer marketing can be complicated and overwhelming. It helps to have an experienced, knowledgeable partner on your side. That’s where an influencer management agency comes into play.
Influencer marketing is everywhere. You can’t open any social media app these days without being bombarded with influencers promoting different products and services. Maybe you’ve even considered influencer marketing for your business.
Either way, navigating this ever-growing world of influencer marketing can be complicated and overwhelming. It helps to have an experienced, knowledgeable partner on your side. That’s where an influencer management agency comes into play.
What is an influencer management agency?
An influencer management agency is a company that helps brands connect with influencers who can promote their products or services.
You can think of working with an influencer management agency as a simple gateway to running an influencer marketing campaign. Your influencer management agency will handle the process for you, so you don’t have to go through the trial and error process of figuring out influencer marketing on your own.
What do influencer management agencies do?
Top influencer management agencies have several key responsibilities. They will typically take charge of all of the following:
- Developing a customized influencer marketing strategy.
- Identifying influencers relevant to your product or services.
- Recruiting the ideal influencers.
- Contracting selected influencers.
- Managing communication with the influencers.
- Reporting key metrics about campaign performance.
Keep in mind that each influencer marketing agency may offer slightly different services. A boutique influencer marketing agency, for example, will often provide a smaller range of services than a large, established agency.
What’s the difference between influencer marketing agencies and influencer managers?
When you’re talking about influencer marketing, it’s easy to confuse influencer marketing agencies and influencer managers. However, they are two separate things.
Influencer marketing agencies primarily work with brands looking to build brand awareness. By contrast, influencer managers work on behalf of influencers. So, what exactly does an influencer manager do?
When an influencer hires an influencer manager, the manager helps the influencer achieve their goals as a creator by contacting brands about sponsorships, negotiating contracts, and keeping projects on track. Sometimes, influencer managers will even liaise with influencer marketing agencies running campaigns for brands.
How to choose an influencer management agency.
If you’re thinking about working with an influencer management agency, it’s important to weigh your options. Don’t simply choose the first agency you find. Instead, make sure that your influencer management agency meets the following criteria:
- Experience and expertise- When you hand your influencer marketing campaign off to an agency, you need to be confident that they have the knowledge and experience to make that campaign a success. Look for case studies and positive reviews from other brands that show the agency’s ability to deliver meaningful results.
- Clear reporting- Reporting is an essential part of any marketing campaign. Influencer marketing is no exception. To ensure that your campaign produces results, your agency should consistently share reports with statistics like impressions, engagement rate, and conversions.
- Technological Tools- Ideally, your influencer management agency will take advantage of technological tools to streamline parts of the campaign process.
The top influencer management agencies tick all of these boxes. Weigh these factors and others, such as pricing, to find the right influencer management agency for your brand.
How much do influencer marketing agencies charge?
Instead of charging a flat fee, most influencer marketing agencies will charge a percentage of your campaign budget. That leaves the question, what percentage do influencer agencies take? Unfortunately, it’s hard to say.
Since there’s no one-size-fits-all influencer marketing campaign, there’s no set amount that you should expect to pay to work with influencer marketing agencies. The size of the commission you pay will depend on several factors like the agency you choose, what services you need, and the scope of your campaign.
How do influencer agencies make money?
A common question about influencer marketing agencies is how does an influencer marketing agency make money?
Influencer agencies make money by charging a percentage fee of your total influencer marketing campaign budget. If you plan to work with an influencer agency, make sure to keep the agency fees in mind while developing your total budget.
What are the benefits of using an influencer management agency?
For anyone still on the fence about the power of influencer management agencies, here are some of the concrete benefits of working with one:
- Gain access to an established network of influencers and industry professionals.
- Save time and effort.
- Build continuity in your influencer campaigns.
- Learn from data-driven reports and insights.
- Rely on hard-earned expertise.
Simply put, working with an influencer management agency makes your influencer marketing campaigns better and gives you time back in your day to focus on other efforts for your company.
Ready to kick off your influencer marketing campaign?
Launching an influencer marketing campaign doesn’t need to be a headache.
With an influencer management agency like Lionize, you can offload the heavy lifting of influencer marketing. Sit back, relax, and your agency will find the perfect influencers for your brand.
Reach out to Lionize to get started today.